- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 100g mozzarella, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 4 tbsp pesto (plus extra for drizzling)
- salt and black pepper
- juice of ½ lemon (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- olive oil
- Cut a very small piece off the bottom of the tomato to let it stand on its own, then cut the top off and scoop out the insides. Discard the insides.
- Mix the Mascarpone with the mozzarella, garlic, basil, the pesto and a little salt and pepper (and lemon juice).
- Taste and add more seasoning if required.
- Fill the tomatoes.
- Either serve hot or cold.
- Place on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius for about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with a little side salad and some dressing.