Three inspirational ideas for quick and tasty ways to top different breads with British tomatoes – they’re delicious!
Prepare: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Sourdough with British Tomatoes, Avocado and Chives
- Lightly toast a slice of sourdough bread.
- Top the bread with finely chopped British vine tomatoes, mixed with a little red onion, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Arrange sliced avocado on top, season with a little salt and pepper, and serve with fresh chives.
Granary with Chargrilled Courgette, Cherry Tomatoes and Feta
- Slice a small courgette lengthways, brush with olive oil, then chargrill or grill until tender.
- Toast a slice of granary or wholemeal bread.
- Top the bread with the courgette strips, and some halved British Cherry Tomatoes.
- Crumble feta or goat’s cheese on top, then serve with a sprinkle of chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Parma Ham and British Plum Tomato
- Toast a slice of ciabatta or crusty white bread.
- Rub the bread with a little olive oil, then spread it thickly with ricotta, low fat soft cheese or dolcelatte.
- Top it with a couple of slices of Parma Ham, and 3-4 British Baby Plum tomato halves.
- Season with black pepper and serve with a few basil leaves.