Servings: Makes 2 small jars, and will keep for 1 month.
- Dash of olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 120ml apple cider vinegar
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 punnet Piccolo cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- 20g raisins
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the shallots until softened.
- Add the vinegar, sugar and cloves.
- Cook until thickened into a syrup and discard the cloves.
- Remove the piccolos from the vine and add them to the vinegar mixture along with the tomato purée and raisins.
- Cook on a low heat until the tomatoes are softened, but still retaining shape – about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to sterilised jars and allow to cool before covering.