Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 4 British large vine tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Few drops of balsamic vinegar
- 160g small scallops
- 180g tagliatelle or linguine
- 200g cooked, peeled prawns
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 6-8 British Baby Plum tomatoes, halved
- 30g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped tomatoes and red onion and cook over a low heat for 10-12 minutes, until very soft, adding a splash of water if needed. Season with salt, pepper and a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
- Add the scallops to the tomato mixture and cook for 2 minutes, then add the prawns, parsley and baby plum tomatoes. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute until heated through.
- Drain the pasta. Gently stir through the tomato mixture and share between two warmed serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and extra parsley.
Note: Instead of scallops, you can use a few extra prawns and add in a handful of peas.