Prepare: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 20g butter
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2tsp paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- 6 British large vine tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- Chopped fresh thyme or parsley, to garnish
- Heat half the butter with the olive oil in a frying pan. Gently fry the onion for 5-6 minutes, until very soft.
- Add the paprika and tomatoes to the frying pan and continue to gently cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in simmering water for 3-4 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Toast the bread and spread with the remaining butter. Top with the tomato and onion mixture, then the poached eggs.
- Serve sprinkled with thyme or parsley and a pinch of paprika.