Makes 30 canapés
- 250ml balsamic vinegar
- 150g soft ricotta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 Piccolo cherry tomatoes (about 320g)
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 bunch basil (small leaves)
- Handful of rocket leaves
- For the balsamic glaze, bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce to a simmer and cook until syrupy – this will take about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. When cool, pour the glaze into a small serving dish.
- For the Christmas Wreath, stir a little salt into the ricotta.
- Using a small, sharp knife, cut a hole in the top of two-thirds of the Piccolos.
- Fill each cut Piccolo with the ricotta, sprinkle a little lemon zest over, season with freshly ground black pepper and top each with a basil leaf.
- Arrange the filled and plain Piccolos in a circle shape on a large serving plate, surrounding the dish containing the glaze.
- Decorate with rocket leaves around the edge.