Serves 2, generously
For the pastry:
- 90g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 200g plain flour
For the filling:
- Olive oil, for greasing
- 1 punnet Piccolo tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp clear honey
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 small sprigs thyme, leaves only
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Torn basil leaves, to serve
- For the pastry, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add a splash of cold water to bring the dough together. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for half an hour.
- Grease four mini heart-shaped 10cm tart tins with a little olive oil.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, roll it out and use it to line the tart tins. Place the tins on a baking tray and leave in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas Mark 5.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and fill the cases with a round of baking paper and baking beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the paper and beans, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and arrange the tomatoes in the tart tin, choosing the smallest ones and pushing them in to prevent any gaps.
- Mix together the honey and red wine vinegar in a small bowl.
- Drizzle the honey and vinegar over the tomatoes, then scatter over the thyme leaves. Drizzle with a little more oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with torn basil leaves for guaranteed enjoyment!