Time to cook: 35 minutes
- Olive oil
- 4 large red peppers
- 2 large aubergines
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 small preserved lemon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Quarter the peppers and remove the pith and seeds. Slice the aubergines into rings and salt them for 20 minutes, rinse and pat dry. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, allow the oil to infuse.
- Brush the peppers and aubergine with olive oil and place onto the hot grill, turning constantly to prevent them from burning. When tender remove and place onto a plate, remove the skins from the peppers if you wish.
- Cover them with plastic wrap and the steam will loosen the skins. For the dressing place the remaining juices from the peppers and place the ingredients for the dressing into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and shake it all together.
- Arrange the aubergines onto a plate and slice the roasted peppers into strips and spoon over the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.